The admission process is to be started for academic session 2019-20 in India and Abroad. Are you ready to study MBBS? Know what are the admission process, eligibility criteria, and top medical colleges in India. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is most popular degree to be a doctor. Basically it is two bachelor degrees in one domain Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery. Holding MBBS Degree is first stage to be a medical professional and MD/MS is essential to be specialist doctor. After qualifying this medical course and compulsory internship candidate may practice as physician and surgeon. However there are other options to also be a doctor in India like BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery), BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery), BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) but MBBS is the only demanded degree.
Course Duration & Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in India
Course duration of M.B.B.S. is 5.5 years including one year compulsory training. Today it has become first choice of students after completing 12th standard. Candidates who have passed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are eligible to join the course. There are hundreds of universities and medical colleges in India and abroad offering MBBS program. Candidates must qualify following criteria to take MBBS Admission-
- Candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year and maximum 25 years (5 years relaxation for OBC/SC/ST categories)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Science subjects Physics, Chemistry, and English individually
- Candidates who belong to unreserved category, they must obtain minimum 50% marks in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at 10+2 or its equivalent
- Candidates belonging to unreserved categories, must be passed individually in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and obtain minimum 40% marks in subjects Physics Chemistry, Biology and English taken together from a recognized board
How to Get Admission in MBBS
MBBS course runs under guideline of MCI (Medical Council of India). Admission criteria and everything are decided by MCI. However, getting admission in MBBS is also just like other professional courses in India. Candidates who meet above mentioned eligibility criteria; he/she may get admission by qualifying medical entrance exam (NEET).
MBBS Entrance Exams
(National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is conducted by Central Secondary Board of Education (CBSE) for admission to MBBS/BDS course in India. NEET is compulsory to get MBBS admission in all government and private colleges of India. Academic session 2016 onwards, AIPMT and all state level pre medical entrance exams were replaced by NEET. CBSE releases notification for conducting NEET UG in January of every year. The NEET exam is held in every year in month of May.
NEET UG Important Dates:
- Online application starts: 1st Nov, 2019
- Last date to submit online application: 30th Nov, 2019
- NEET UG Exam Date – 5th May, 2019
NEET official website : https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx
If you wish to pursue your education in india including MBBS, MS/MD, BAMS, BDS/MDS. PHARMACY, MBA, LLB , AGRECULTURE ug/pg , BVSC , MVSC etc , then we can assist you I getting your desired filed , don’t hesitate to contact us .
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students seeking admission in abroad
- Minimum age 17 years
- The students must score minimum 50 % marks in their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board/university with the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and compulsory English.
- Must be NEET-UG qualified.
- Valid Indian Passport
- Valid MCI certificate
10th & 12th Marksheet/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality certificate/Adhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- NEET score card